Highly Wearable Haute Couture

I'm seeing a lot of legit street items so far, like beanies and arm warmers, reinvented with luxurious and delicate materials to offset a traditional haute couture outfit. And if a look isn't infused with street, it's pretty much indexing all the way to whimsical, which is charming and fun. I think this kind of balance of "high" and "low" is great, especially since haute couture is the most pretentious of any collections and tends to highlight the incredible exclusivity in the business of fashion. I think these types of details help keep this type of runway show relevant to an audience that may never be able to purchase any item from it but can certainly dream and wax poetic about the combinations via a computer screen fixed intently on Style.com, and perhaps even imitate it with more reasonable retailers. In short, I'm digging these close ups from Chanel, Christian Dior, Giambattista Valli, Maison Martin Margiela.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes, yes- I'm digging these close ups too. That first image of the beanie is magical, I may need to have my grandmother knit me a similar version. ;)

    xo Carlina
    AllergicToVanilla.com

    ReplyDelete